Find a Pool Leak
Posted 05:08 August 06, 2018
Last Updated 05:08 September 25, 2018
If your pool is leaking you are wasting a lot of money every month. Pool leaks can be difficult to trace and even harder to fix. The first step is identifying that you have a problem. Here’s a few things you can do if you suspect you have a pool leak.
Look for Symptoms
Telltale signs you have a pool leak include:
• There are damp or wet spots around the pool when it is not in use.
• Your pool has loose, failing, or cracking tiles.
• Algae growth has increased or there is abnormal water discoloration.
• Your pool is losing a lot of water and it has to be refilled frequently.
The last point is the best indicator and it can be measured.
Run a Test
It is natural for pools to lose a little bit of water due to evaporation. Pool covers help limit daily evaporation. Sometimes it’s hard to tell if your pool if your pool has a leak or if it is just losing water naturally from evaporation.
This simple test helps measure how much water you are losing each day: The Bucket Test. This test takes 24 hours to complete.
1) Make sure your pool is filled up to its normal level. If you have a water leveler or auto-fill system turn it off.
2) Put a 5 gallon bucket on your first (highest) pool step. Fill the bucket with water 1 inch from the top.
3) On the inside of the bucket mark the water level with a crayon. On the outside of the bucket mark the water level of your pool.
4) Wait for 24 hours and then compare the water level marks. If the pool water level (the outside mark) has dropped by more than the inside mark, your pool has a leak. The amount of water lost inside the bucket is what you are losing daily to evaporation. The outside mark represents evaporation plus any leaks you have. If you don’t have a pool leak, each mark should drop by the same amount.
It is important to perform the test over a 24 hour period. A shorter or longer test can give inaccurate results. If it rains during your test you will need to start over from the beginning.
Finding the leak can be troublesome, especially if the leak in somewhere underwater. The professionals at All Leak Detection in Las Vegas utilize specialized equipment to find any pool leak. They offer fast same-day service and can quickly find and repair any pool, spa, irrigation, or home water leak.
After finding the leak you’re presented with an honest no-obligation quote for repair. All Leak Detection can repair your pool or spa with minimal disruption to your home and property. Water leaks only get worse over time. Putting off a repair can result in more and more damage to your property and increased costs. Don’t put it off any longer; get your pool leak fixed.
All Leak Detection services Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City, and most parts of Clark County, Nevada. They offer fast same-day service and their work is fully guaranteed. Right now they are offering a first-time new customer leak detection special. Use the coupon code below when booking your appointment.