Unclog Your Shower Drain
5 simple tips.
Posted 21:13 March 23, 2023
Last Updated 21:13 March 23, 2023
A clogged shower drain can be a frustrating problem to deal with. Luckily, there are several simple steps you can take to unclog your shower drain and restore proper water flow. Here are five steps to unclog a shower drain:
1. Remove visible debris: The first step in unclogging a shower drain is to remove any visible debris from the drain. This can include hair, soap scum, and other materials that may be blocking the drain. Use a pair of gloves and a small tool such as a toothbrush or wire hanger to remove any debris.
2. Boil water: Bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove. Carefully pour the hot water down the shower drain to help dissolve any remaining debris.
3. Use a plunger: If the hot water doesn't clear the clog, try using a plunger. First, remove the drain cover and fill the tub with enough water to cover the bottom of the plunger. Place the plunger over the drain and pump it up and down several times to create suction. Repeat this process several times, checking to see if the water is draining properly.
4. Use a drain snake: If the plunger doesn't work, try using a drain snake to remove the clog. Insert the snake into the drain and twist it as you push it in. Keep pushing the snake until you feel resistance, then twist it to loosen the clog. Pull the snake out and discard any debris that comes with it.
5. Use a drain cleaner: If the above steps don't work, you may need to use a drain cleaner. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully and wear gloves and protective eyewear. Pour the cleaner down the drain and let it sit for the recommended amount of time. Flush the drain with hot water to remove any remaining debris.
By following these five simple steps, you can unclog your shower drain and restore proper water flow. Remember to take preventative measures in the future, such as using a hair catcher or pouring hot water down the drain regularly, to help prevent clogs from forming.
If you've got a really stubborn clog, contact the professionals here at All Trades. With our powerful hydro jet, we can clear any hard-to-clear clog. Hydro jetting uses only water, so you don't have to worry about damaging your pipes. We service Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City, and most parts of Clark County Nevada.